SPOC is hiring for a Permian Basin Account Manager! Are you the right fit?
SPOC Automation is an industry leading manufacturer of artificial lift and water midstream automation in North America, with automation expertise in oil and gas applications and a culture built on innovation. SPOC’s mission is to challenge the status quo, and redefine the standard that drives automation in the oilfield.
SPOC was nationally featured on Inc’s annual list of fastest growing companies in North America, 2014, 2015 and 2020. The company has twice been awarded by the Birmingham Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work''; it is a two-time finalist for Alabama’s Manufacturer of the Year Awards, presented by the Alabama Technology Network and the Business Council of Alabama (BCA); and, SPOC is a winner of the 2020 and 2021 Best Companies to Work for in Alabama, presented by Business Alabama.
The Permian Basin Account Manager will be responsible for new business development, continued growth of existing accounts, support of channel partners and overall sales results for the Permian Basin. The chosen account manager will have business and technical knowledge and act as a client advisor with a hands-on, consultative, relationship-based approach. This individual will have an integral role in exhibiting the core values SPOC employees challenge themselves to uphold every day: being committed to doing a job right, caring for each other and customers, having the passion to win and help customers win, being solutions focused, all while having gratitude.
- Sales/Marketing/Operations leader within electrical controls, automation, instrumentation, or production/pumping manufacturing with successful direct face-to-face customer interaction. Documented accomplishments are a plus.
- General Oil and Gas knowledge desired and an understanding of the driving forces within the industry.
- Proven experiences in business, customer, and channel development with a consultative, relationship-based approach. Direct knowledge of the Permian Basin market is desired.
- Skill to maintain and foster successful business relationships with OEMs, exploration & production and water midstream companies, consulting engineers, and other related high value targets.
- Experience in key account identification, acquisition and retention. Must be able to determine the true decision makers within a particular customer environment, and understand how to develop a value proposition specific to their needs. Able to provide customer support and rapport to continually grow customer relationships and maximize opportunities.
- Proven skill in personally closing sales and developing business.
- Industry knowledge and technical expertise is a strong plus.
- Extensive variable frequency drive and pump off controller knowledge considered.
- Demonstrable skill to quickly gain trust and build rapport to convert prospects to customers. Proven ability to present quality, value-oriented products and services.
- Process improvement skills. Ability to identify and address opportunities to enhance sales and marketing processes for improved ROI/to create new business.
- Superior organizational skills and an excellent record for sales prospecting business initiatives. Creative problem-solver with well-developed sales/marketing concepts.
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and coordinate sales and other relevant information to the Texas and Corporate leadership teams.
- Working knowledge and technical proficiency of applicable computer skills and software for use in marketing, sales, and business operations.
- Knowledge of artificial lift systems, especially rod pump and Pump-off controls is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Please provide two professional references.
If this position sounds like the right fit for you, please fill out the short form and attach or email your resume and details of past experience to firstname.lastname@example.org .